Monday, July 15, 2019

Steelhead on a dry and a broken zero gravity

A great trip to Washington and Bc proved tough at first but ended just right!! I checked into the beautiful Reds Canyon River lodge and spent a few days fishing with owner Steve Joyce's  friend Jerome.Jerome is a longtime resident of the Yakima Valley and a local legend. He took me to some beautiful water but all I saw was a big fish turn on a dry and a Bull trout throw my sculpin back at me. It was then on to south Puget sound where I hooked the unexpected wild Steelhead and broke my rod landing it.Well I was then on to the beautiful Sun Peaks and on to fish the Schu







swap with my friend Don. I was 2 for 12 mainly because I  was fishing with a broken hook. Then to close the trip at beautiful Corbitt Lake near Merrit.The Coquahalla Highway is spectacular . The border guard in Sumas is a big blues fan and made the crossing easy!! Till next time, Keith

No comments:

Post a Comment